Repiping Water Lines
If your home was built more than 20 years ago, it probably has galvanized plumbing. Galvanized pipe has a life expectancy of 20-30 years, so pretty soon you’re going to need to think about repiping your plumbing.
Over time, galvanized pipes corrode on the inside, and as they do the residue reduces the internal pipe diameter. This restricts the amount of water that is able to flow into the house and causes the water pressure to drop. Pipe corrosion can also cause rusty water, water with a metallic taste, or moldy places where corroded pipes have been leaking.
If this is your situation, there are a few methods available to you as plumbing replacement options, typically the choices are flexible PEX tubing and copper piping. Each has significant advantages and disadvantages, and we’d be glad to help you find the best solution for repiping your home or building.
We serve the repiping needs of Buncombe county, Henderson county and Madison county. If you are in need of an expert plumber or water & gas pipe installer Asheville, call us today!
Some Signs That Your Plumbing Might Need Repiping
- Is your plumbing more than 20 years old?
- Is your water rusty?
- Is your water pressure low?
- Does it take a long time to fill your sink?
- Is there a metallic taste to your water?
- Has the water usage on your bill increased without using more water than normal?
- Are there any leaks coming from the plumbing under your house?
Repiping, Upgrading or Installing New Gas Lines
Whether you are remodeling your entire house or just adding a fixture, repiping your gas lines could be in your plans. Here are some ideas of situations where you might need to have a professional plumber gas pipe installer Asheville to repair or install your gas lines.
Again, we’d love to help you with that.
- Add a gas line for a backyard fire or BBQ
- Convert an electric stove to gas
- Relocate a range or oven gas line
- Install gas fireplace insert
- Install a tankless water heater
- Install or relocate a new water heater
- Replace damaged gas line for water heater or dryer
- Relocation of gas line for remodeling
- Repair leaking or damaged gas line