Local Plumbers Asheville
Local Plumbers Giving Back to Our Community
We know that there are others around us who need our help. We can’t help everyone, but we sure can help some! As local plumbers Asheville we pledge to share 10% of our profits with local people or local organizations in need in this community.
Your money is giving back. It’s one more reason that you can feel good about choosing Goodman Plumbing to be your local plumbers Asheville NC.
Some of the charities we have supported:
- SPCA (Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals)
– The SPCA is dedicated to facilitating the humane treatment of animals. We chose this charity in honor of Arlo, our rescue dog and mascot. Goodman Plumbing was a sponsor of the SPCA’s Barktoberfest. We encourage you check out our Mascot Arlo’s Story on youtube, and adopt a shelter dog!
- Courage Worldwide
– Courage House isn’t just a house; it is a home. A safe, loving environment for children who have been rescued out of sex trafficking. We chose this charity because it is close to our hearts.
- Manna Food Bank and Orangevale Food Bank
-Manna Food Bank’s mission is to unite people in ending hunger in Asheville and Western North Carolina. We love that idea so that is why we plan to donate time and money to them this year.
– Orangevale Food Bank provides food, resources and hope to families in need also. We chose this charity in 2015 because they are right in where we used to live and they are awesome!
- Alzheimer’s Association
– The Alzheimer’s Association works to enhance care and support for all those affected by Alzheimer’s and other dementias. We chose this charity in honor of our family members who suffered from this disease. Goodman Plumbing formed a team for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s in 2016.
- CYT (Christian Youth Theater)
– CYT is a local youth theater group dedicated to developing character in children through training in the arts and by producing wholesome and excellent quality family entertainment. Goodman Plumbing was the official show sponsor for the 2016 production of Thoroughly Modern Millie Jr.
It Made a Difference for That One.
A Single Starfish, by Loren Eiseley
A little story that explains the reason we as local plumbers want to give back.
As he got closer, he noticed that the figure was that of a young man. The young man was reaching down to the shore, picking up small objects, and throwing them into the ocean.
He came closer still and called out “Good morning! May I ask what it is that you are doing?”
The young man paused, looked up, and replied “Throwing starfish into the ocean.”
“I must ask, then, why are you throwing starfish into the ocean?” asked the somewhat startled wise man.
To this, the young man replied, “The sun is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them in, they’ll die.”
Upon hearing this, the wise man commented, “But, young man, do you not realize that there are miles and miles of beach and there are starfish all along every mile? You can’t possibly make a difference!”
At this, the young man bent down, picked up yet another starfish, and threw it into the ocean.
As it met the water, he said, “It made a difference for that one.”